This is the first recording featuring both organs in Liverpool Cathedral, and only the second of the Lady Chapel organ.
The linking factor between the instruments is the Willis organ-building dynasty, a byword for international greatness spanning four generations of owners called Henry, and marking a renaissance of British organ voicing and production.
The works of Bach represent the culmination of Western musical scholarship up to his time. He is the undisputed giant of the Baroque tradition, in terms of both choral and organ music.
Featuring 18 tracks this CD was recorded in Liverpool Cathedral in May 2017. Tracks 1-11 played by Ian Tracey on The Grand Organ. Tracks 12-18 played by David Poulter on the Lady Chapel Organ.
- Fantasia in G
- Chorale Prelude: Es ist das Heil uns kommen her
- Chorale Prelude: Herzlich tut mich verlangen
- Fugue on the Magnificat
- Chorale Prelude: Nun Komm der Heiden Heiland
- Chorale Prelude: Vor deinen Thron tret’ich hiermit
- Chorale: Nun danket alle Gott
- Gottes Zeit ist die allerbeste Zeit
- Chorale: Jesus bleibet meine Freude
- Ich steh mit einem Fuss im Grabe
- Sinfonia: Wir danken dir, Gott, wir danken dir
- Chorale Prelude: Christ unser Herr zum Jordan kam
- Choral Prelude: Ach bleib ‘bei uns, Herr Jesu Christ’
- Fantasia super: Komm heiliger Geist, Herre Gott
Trio Sonata No 1 in E flat major
- Allegro Moderato
- Prelude and Fugue in G major